Been looking around for ways to (un)root my Singtel Samsung i9000.
- Plug in your phone, make sure it is in debugging mode.
Settings > Application > Development > USB Debugging
- Download the latest version of SuperOneClick (desktop) application from xda-developers.
- Extract the zip file.
- Right click "SuperOneClick.exe", and select "Run as Administrator".
- Click "Root".
- You will see the following log. Wait for the "Installing Superuser.apk" to finish.
Killing ADB Server... OK Starting ADB Server... * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 * * daemon started successfully * OK Waiting for device... OK Pushing rageagainstthecage... 585 KB/s (5392 bytes in 0.009s) OK chmod rageagainstthecage... OK Running rageagainstthecage... ROOTED Getting mount path... /dev/block/mtdblock2 OK Remounting system with read-write access... OK Pushing su... 625 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.041s) OK chmod su... OK Remounting system with read-only access... OK Installing Superuser.apk OK.
- Done. You should see the "Superuser" icon in your application list.