Generate GoDaddy SSL Certificate (.crt) for Azure Websites (.pfx)

Step 1: Getting GoDaddy SSL cert.


Let's say you have a domain name of my_domain.com. You'll first need to generate the the .csr file for GoDaddy with the following command:

openssl req -new -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout my_domain.com.key -out my_domain.com.csr


This gives you 2 files:
my_domain.com.key - This is the private key
my_domain.com.csr - This is the Certificate Signing Request


Copy the content of my_domain.com.csr file to the SSL signing authority (GoDaddy).



Once approved, GoDaddy give you back a .zip file with the following 2 files:

18f1c77f369c0b59.crt - This is your cert
gd_bundle-g2-g1.crt - This is the GoDaddy Certificate Chain


Step 2: Convert a CERT/PEM certificate to a PFX certificate


openssl pkcs12 -export -out my_domain.com.pfx -inkey my_domain.com.key -in 18f1c77f369c0b59.crt


Step 3: Certificate to Upload to Azure.




Step 4: Assign SSL Bindings.






Step 5: Done!




References:



Keywords:
Upload pfx for Azure websites


Comments

  1. Bluehost is ultimately one of the best hosting provider for any hosting plans you might need.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

225019099301.apps.googleusercontent.com

Backup MySQL to Azure Storage in 30 Seconds