|TLDR; Use Fondu to convert fonts to .ttf|
Sometimes clients send me fonts in Font Suitcase format, and I'm suppose to include the fonts in their websites.
To convert the fonts to TTF, I use Fondu.
A set of programs to interconvert between mac font formats and pfb, ttf, otf and bdf files on unix. Fondu will read a series of mac files, check their resource forks and extract all font related items into seperate files.
Install Fondu (OSX)
- Download Fondu
- Open terminal
- Change directory to the dir that you extracted fondu in
- terminal: ./configure
- terminal: make
- terminal: sudo make install
Convert Fonts to TTF
- Change directory to the dir where your font is.
- terminal: fondu <font filename>
e.g. fondu Futura.dfont
Convert to Webfonts
- Upload the converted .ttf file to http://convertfonts.com/