Bootstrap Tools

Biggest Mistakes

The biggest mistakes for new (or inexperienced) developers, like me, is to jump straight into coding a website.
There are so many bootstrap tools (or so caller boilerplates) out there for you to start, without falling into the pitfalls of bad (really bad) designs. I'm speaking from my personal experience, with Lunchsparks.

Along the way of "designing" and coding, both at the same time, I poorly designed the elements in the website, from layouts (grids, containers, tables) to buttons (color, states).

The Tools

These are two tools that I came across recently, which I think its awesome! These tools encapsulated the almost (if not all) the elements for designing a great (responsive) website.


Bootstrap, from Twitter
Bootstrap, from Twitter
A very clear demo site that demonstrate what the tools (javascripts, and css) does. Recommended for new learners.



HTML5 Boilerplates
HTML5 Boilerplates
By Paul Irish. A very cool Googler that I follow on social networks and blogs.


Others

Here are some other tools that I came across, prior to the above tools.
http://goldengridsystem.com/



Epilogue

Shall blog more about my experience with adapting to these tools next time, after I port and adapt my project to these tools!



References:
http://e27.sg/2012/03/06/reducing-time-to-market-with-bootstrap/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

[Azure Websites PHP] Cross Domain request results in blank response page after Preflight HTTP OPTIONS

[Magento] Create Contact Form with Dynamic Recipient