|Android 2.3 Dropdown Notification Screen|
- The following guide is for Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam.
- Please remember that flashing your mobile phone is fully on your own risk.
- If the process is interupted (power failure, disconnected cable, software failure) your phone might be very dificult to revive.
- Don't confuse this guide for Samsung Galaxy S II. This is for the old old Samsung Galaxy S I.
Make sure you disabled any "lag fix" that you've applied to your phone.
Download the firmware and Odin (flashing program)
Prepare the flashing program.
- Extract the above file.
- Run Odin3 v1.82.exe
- Click on PDA, select the file JV9_JV9_JV9.tar
- Make sure only "Auto Reboot" and "F. Reset Time" is selected.
Prepare you phone in "Download Mode"
- Turn off your phone.
- Press "Volume Down" + "Home" + "Power" buttons together.
- (You should see the following screen.)
Connect your phone to PC.
- Connect your phone via USB cable.
- Make sure the ID:COM box in Odin turn into yellow colour. This signals that your phone is connected.
- (You should see the following screen in Odin.)
- Click "Start" button to start the flashing process.
- Wait for the flashing process to finish, it should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Your phone will automatically reboot.
- You can confirm your firmware version by dialling this code *#1234#.
- You should see the following screen.
Hope this help those beginners out there.